Dear candidates, here in this article we have updated the Weekly Current Affairs for IBPS Banking Exam. Weekly Current Affairs is all the news about the National & International Events. Aspirants are required to check the recent happenings of latest current affairs such as UPSC, IAS, Bank Exam, Teacher, Civil Services & other Govt. Jobs.
Candidates are required to read current affairs daily and stay connected to current news. Aspirants those who are preparing for IBPS/PO/SO/Clerk & Other Bank Exams. Here we have chosen the best news of every day to provide best of the information to the candidates. Aspirants can also go through the other competitive exams to get the information for the information.
Weekly Current Affairs on May 2018:- ADNOC To Buy Stake In Ratnagiri Refinery –
- After Saudi Arabia’s Aramco, Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) will pick up stake in the planned $44-billion refinery-cum-petrochemical project in Maharashtra. An initial agreement for ADNOC taking stake is slated to be signed in UAE on Sunday, official sources said.
- Saudi Aramco, the world’s largest oil producer, had last month signed an agreement to take up 50% stake in the Ratnagiri refinery project.
Passport Office Employees Launch “Gandhian” Protest
- A group of employees gathered at the Regional Passport Office (RPO) in Bhikaji Cama Place to work on their day off as a symbolic protest. They prevented it from doing so following an official circular that warned them of disciplinary action.
- The employees are now planning on staging a similar protest on May 19, and wearing black bands to work from May 21.
China Seeks To Reset Ties With Japan
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrived here Tuesday for an official visit to Japan, the first of its kind in eight years and also a determined effort by Beijing to bring bilateral ties back on track.
- China and Japan are close neighbors with a long history of friendly exchanges and communication.
Telangana Government Launches Investment Support Scheme For Farmers
- The Telangana government on Thursday launched a new scheme in which the farmers in the state will get Rs 8,000 per acre each every year as crop investment support, Launching the programme titled ‘Rythu Bandhu’, Chief Minister K.
- Chandrasekhar Rao claimed that Telangana is the first state in India to implement a farmer investment support scheme.
Manipur To Get Air Dispensary On May
- Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh announced on Monday than an air dispensary will start functioning soon in Manipur.
- The Central government plans to introduce a helicopter-based Dispensary/OPD service in far-flung and remote areas where no doctor or medical facility is available and patients also do not have access to any medical care.
Weekly Current Affairs (12th May 2018)
12th May Celebrated As International Nurses Day
- International Nurse Day is celebrated as a day to remember Nurse Legend Florence Night angle, who is widely considered the founder of modern nursing. This occasion was held at the various Institutes & Hospitals.
- Agriculture Minister V Hangkhanlian today, on the International Nurses’ Day, lauded the dedication and contribution of nurses in caring patients and stressed on the need for a compassionate heart for the noble profession during an observation held at the District Hospital Churachandpur.
RBI Bars Dena Bank From Lending, Hiring
- The Reserve Bank Of India has barred from further lending & hiring lenders, the bank disclosed it in a notification for stock exchanges on Friday.
- RBI had in May last year initiated prompt corrective action against Dena Bank & imposed certain restriction in view of high net NPA & negative Returns On Assets.
New Monetary Limits For Public Sector Banks To Report Frauds To CBI’s
- The monetary threshold for public sector banks to report frauds to different departments to the CBI for a probe has been revised, according to the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
- According to the CBI circular, cases of frauds that involves the more than Rs. 25 Crore up to Rs. 50 Crores should be given to the CBI’s Banking Security & Fraud Cell (BSFC).
Odisha Makes Loans Provisions For Landless Farmers
- The government on Friday announced sanction for the agricultural loans to landless farmers at a rate of one percent interest & without any securities.
- The loans will be provided through different cooperative banks & societies instead of commercial banks. Besides, that small farmer having their own land will be provided the loan in proportion to the area of the land.
India’s Growth To Accelerate To 7.3% In Next Fiscal Year, Says Fitch
- India’s economic growth will accelerate to 7.3% in the current fiscal and 7.5% in the next as money supply has recovered to its pre-demonetization level and disruptions related to the rollout of GST have diminished.
- The BJP-led government’s last full budget before general elections has left much of the task of addressing the country’s relatively weak public finances to the next government.
“Ramayan Circuit” Gets A New Bus Service
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched Ayodhya-Janakpur bus in Nepal. The Indo-Nepal bus service from Nepal’s Janakpur to Uttar Pradesh’s Ayodhya was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepalese counterpart K P Sharma Oli.
- “India and Nepal will work towards building ‘Ramayan’ circuit between both the countries. This will act as the foundation for strong people to people contact between the two nations,” PM Modi said.
Pink Booths To Third Generation EVMs, Several Firsts In Karnataka
- From all-women managed ‘Pink Booths’ to the use of third generation Electronic Voting Machines, the assembly elections in Karnataka are marked by several firsts.
- Like in every election each booth is equipped with facilities such as wheelchairs for the differently abled to exercise their franchise easily.
Weekly Current Affairs (09 May 2018)
Commission Approves Modern Animal-Free Testing For Drugs
- Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission (IPC) has in its 2018 edition of Indian Pharmacopoeia approved modern, animal-free tests for drug manufacturers. It will spare animals from suffering due to drug experiments.
- It provides guidelines on tests for drugs manufactured & marketed in India. It replaces pyrogen test carried out of rabbits & abnormal toxicity test. It will effect from 1 July, 2018.
Saudi Women to Start driving from June 24
- Saudi women will now be allowed to start driving from June 24, as said by the General Department Of Traffic director said it on Tuesday.
- Women who are above 18 years of age will now be allowed to apply for Driving License request.
Maharashtra Govt. to Give Rs. 3 per Liter Subsidy to Milk Producers
- Cabinet of Maharashtra on Tuesday decided to provide Rs. 3 per Liter Subsidy to Milk Producers to the co-operative & private producers.
- The decision was taken to encourage production of milk powder from surplus milk & help the demand and supply of milk through Minimum Support Price (MSP)OF Rs. 27 per liter.
Nikol Pashinyan Becomes Prime Minister Of Armenia
- The Armenia parliament elected leader Nikol Pashinyan as the country’s new Prime Minister against the ruling elite in the former Soviet republic.
- When the results was announced, thousands was Pashinyan supporters gathered in a central square in the capital, Yerevan.
Google Appoints Nitin Bawankule as the Country Head For Google Cloud India
- On 8th May, Google announced that it has appointed Nitin Bawankule as the Country Head for Google Cloud India and will report Rick Harshman, the Managing Director of Asia Pacific.
- Bawankule has already been with the Google India from around six years as the Head Sales for multiple verticals.
India Slips To 6th Spot In Biz Optimism Index: Thornton
- India slipped to the 6th position globally with the Business Sentiments at the “weakest” in four years.
- Business sentiment in India has been the weakest since 2014 in the first quarter, the advisory firm said the confidence has been shaken since the third quarter of 2017 with weakening currency and a surge in oil prices.
Sachin Tendulakar, Anurag Thakur Launched “Khel Mahakumbh”
- BJP MY Anurag Thakur & Cricket King Sachin Tendulkar launched “Star Khel Mahakumbh” on Friday in the presence of 1500 athlete.
- The event aims at attracting participant to compete in Volleyball, basketball, cricket, football, kabaddi & athletics.
Weekly Current Affairs on 08th May- World Red Cross Day
- Every year May 8, is celebrated as the World Red Cross Day. This day is celebrated in the remembrance of the birth anniversary of Henry Dunant, who is the founder of Red Cross & International Committee of Red Cross.
- This day is celebrated annually in order to commemorate principles of International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. This day was first celebrated in 1948, when it was officially named as Red Cross Day Or Red Crescent Day.
Putin Becomes President For the 4th Time
- Vladimir Putin took an oath of office for a fourth term as president of Russia on Monday after winning the last election in March. He’s been ruling the country for 18 years as President or Prime Minister.
- The capital of Russia is Moscow. The currency of the country is Rubble. And the current president of Russia is Vladimir Putin.
Rajasthan Institute Comes Up with New Sheep Insemination Technique
- Scientist at the Central Sheep & Wool Research Institute (CSWRI) is come up with a new Sheep Insemination Technique for sheep which has resolved the techniques & difficulties which is involved in freezing.
- The complete process takes about five minutes for each animal with the near total absence of any complications.
India to Host 15th Asia Media Summit
- The Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting New Delhi and Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL), will host the 15th Asia Media Summit (AMS-2018) in New Delhi from May 10-12, 2018.
- It is organized by the Asia-Pacific Institute for Broadcasting Development (AIBD) in collaboration with its partners and international organizations.
China Launches Communication Satellite
- China has launched communication satellite which will provide TV Transmission, communication, Internet & Multimedia Services across the Asia-Pacific Region across the world. The user of the satellite is Hong- Kong based APT Satellite Co. Ltd.
- China had confirmed that it will launch two satellites for Pakistan in June. It will be the first commercial launch for a Long March-2c rocket in 1999.
Taro Daniel beats Malek Jaziri, wins maiden ATP Title
- Taro Daniel secures the first career ATP Title with a defeat of Tunisia’s Malek Jaziri in Istanbul on Sunday.
- The 25-year-old Daniel hit the tennis headlines when toppling 12-time Grand Slam champion Novak Djokovic at Indian Wells in March.
Infibeam To Buy Arm of Snap deal
- Infibeam will acquire Snap deals subsidiary Unicommerce, which offers e-commerce enablement software, in a deal worth up to Rs. 120 crore.
- Through this agreement, infibeam will issue optionally convertible debentures on preference basis unto 120 crores to Jasper InfoTech.
Current Affairs on 01st May- International Labor Day
- International Labour Day is also known as Workers Day occurs every year on May 1. It is celebrated on the occasion of achievements of the social and economic workers.
- It is celebrated across the world to promote the association of International Labour on the 1st May. On this Day, 1886 All the labors united and went for a strike & demanded that work should not be forced to work more than 8 Hours a day.
Government Launches Pilot Scheme Procurement Of Aggregate Power of 2500 MW
- The Central Government started Pilot Scheme Procurement of Aggregate Power of 2500 MW on the basis of creating competition for 3 years from the generator with commissioned projects without Power Purchase Agreement.
- The Ministry of Power issued documents issued the model bid documents, PAPP and PPSA on 6th April 2018. The guidelines were issued on 10th April 2018.
Swachh Bharat Mission Launches GOBAR-DHAN Scheme
- Swachh Bharat Mission GOBAR-DHAN Scheme was launched to promote Wealth & Energy from Waste. Under this scheme, biogas plants were set up individually at the level of Self Help Groups & NGO’s.
- Uma Bharti, Union Minister Of Drinking Water & Sanitation launched the GOBAR (Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources) DHAN Scheme in Karnal, Haryana.
9th India-Japan Energy Dialogue Held in New Delhi
- 9th India-Japan Energy Dialogue was held in New Delhi. Both Japan and India, as the third and the seventh largest economies respectively to have access to reliable, clean and economical energy is critical for their economic growth and in achieving this.
- Both Ministers agreed on further strengthening of bilateral energy cooperation for energy development of both countries, while also contributing to worldwide energy security, energy access, and climate change issues.
India Joint 6th in List of Doping Violations in WADA Report
- India has 69 Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRV), the same as that of Russia, a country which has been under intense international scrutiny for years now.
- Italy topped the rankings of drug cases in 2016, followed by France (86), United States (76), Australia (75), Belgium (73).
ACI Projects India as 2nd Fastest Growing Country for Air Passenger Traffic
- India has been declared as the second fastest growing country in the world for air passenger traffic. According to the Airports Council International (ACI), by 2022 passenger traffic in emerging economies like India will surpass advanced economies.
- Vietnam is at the top position with an 8.5% growth rate, followed by India at 7.5% and Iran at 7.3%.
International Buddhist Conference Concluded in Lumbini, Nepal
- The International Buddhist Conference 2018 was conducted in Lumbini, Nepal, the birthplace of Gautama Buddha. The speech was given by the Prime Minister of Nepal, KP Oli.
- Participants from more than 20 countries including India attended the 2-day conference. It was organized as part of 2562nd Buddha Jayanti celebrations.
In a First, India-Pakistan to Participate in SCO Counter-Terror Exercise
- India and Pakistan will be part of a multi-nation counter-terror exercise in Russia in September, which will also be joined by China and several other countries.
- The SCO was founded at a summit in Shanghai in 2001 by the Presidents of Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan & etc.
WhatsApp CEO Jan Koum Quits Facebook
- WhatsApp Co-founder & CEO Jan Koum has decided to move on. He had a difference of opinion with the parent company Facebook over data privacy, encryption & other issues.
- Koum announced the exit from WhatsApp just after the announcement of ‘The Washington Post’ on Monday.
Shooter Shahzar Rizvi Becomes World No.1 in 10m Air Pistol
- Indian shooter Shahzar Rizvi on Tuesday became the number one shooter in the 10m Air Pistol Category after winning the silver medal at shooting World Cup in South Korea.
- The other Indian shooter in the world top 10 rankings is Jitu Rai who is at the sixth position. And from the women, Manu Bhaker was the only Indian in the top-10 of the women 10m air pistol ranking placed at the fourth position.
Direct Link to IBPS Examination Information- You May Also Like
|IBPS Exam Details|
|IBPS Portal||IBPS Exam|
|IBPS Syllabus||IBPS Admit Card|
|IBPS Result||IBPS Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)|
|Daily Current Affairs||Diff B/W IBPS RRB Office Assistant And Officer Scale||IBPS Previous Year Question Paper||How To Crack IBPS Exam|
|IBPS Guide||IBPS Tips & Tricks||How to Prepare For IBPS PO Clerk Exam||Important Document Required For IBPS Interview|
|Bank Exam||Bank Exam Syllabus||Bank Exam Admit Card||Bank Exam Result|